Migration from Manjaro
Migration from Manjaro is very similar to Migration from Arch and an upgrade from Artix however there are more non-free components and manjaro-specific programs which must be removed in order to ensure a proper installation of Parabola GNU/Linux-libre. It is advised to read both before attempting.
1 Manual Migration
To manually migrate you will need to remove all packages that say "manjaro" and also the non-free firmwares and plugins that are installed before Parabola GNU/Linux-libre can be properly installed.
One of the easiest ways to find this information manually is to run:
pacman -Q | grep manjaro
Simply use pacman -R and pacman -Rdd respectively as needed until all references are gone.
Also be sure to remove mhwd, pacman-mirrors (-Rdd), and anything with "nonfree" in the title.
Once done you can import pacman-mirrorlist-libre, parabola-keyrings, and proceed with a normal Migration from Arch.
1.1 Trouble Shooting
- If you are having trouble validating keys after migrating you may need to run the following quick fix to get your keys in sync:
rm -rfv /etc/pacman.d/gnupg/* /var/cache/pacman/pkg/* /var/lib/pacman/*.db pacman -Rddnnssuu --noconfirm manjaro-keyring archlinux-keyring systemd manjaro-mirrorlist linux grub linux-api-headers linux-firmware mkinitpcio xf86-video-amdgpu xf86-video-ati xf86-video-intel colord libpulse libwacom alsa-firmware ipw2100-fw ipw2200-fw nss-myhostname zd1211-firmware libutil-linux util-linux nano /etc/pacman.conf
RemoteFileSigLevel = Never [community] Include = /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist [extra] Include = /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist [core] Include = /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist [nonprism] Include = /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist [libre] Include = /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist [pcr] Include = /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist [liri-unstable] SigLevel = Optional TrustAll Server = https://repo.liri.io/archlinux/unstable/x86_64 [libre-multilib] Include = /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist [multilib] Include = /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist [pcr-multilib] Include = /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist
pacman -U --noconfirm https://www.parabola.nu/packages/libre/any/parabola-keyring/download pacman -U --noconfirm https://www.parabola.nu/packages/core/any/archlinux-keyring/download pacman -U --noconfirm https://www.parabola.nu/packages/libre/any/pacman-mirrorlist/download nano /etc/pacman.conf
RemoteFileSigLevel = Required
pacman -Syy --noconfirm parabola-keyring archlinux-keyring pacman -Su --noconfirm --force --needed openrc openrc-base base-openrc openrc-desktop linux-libre mkinitcpio grub sed update-grub
Most importantly DO NOT FORGET TO UPDATE GRUB after the migration or you will break your system.
- If you are having trouble with the mirrorlist, it is due to Manjaro recently breaking away from the way the native Arch Mirrorlist works and using their own invent. To fix this issue you must restore a non-Manjaroed pacman.conf and manually install the mirrorlist prior to continuing with the installation. An example for 64bit computers is shown below. You may need to use a different architecture on command #3 as needed.
mv /etc/pacman.conf pacman.conf.manjaro mv /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist.manjaro wget -O /etc/pacman.conf "https://projects.parabola.nu/abslibre.git/plain/libre/pacman/pacman.conf.x86_64" wget -O /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist "https://repo.parabola.nu/mirrorlist.txt"
2 Bash Script to auto-migrate
There is a bash script which can help automate this process but it has a few nuances.
- The script is unable to remove all non-free components before starting your-freedom so user still has to choose "Y" on ALL prompts or the script will break.
- Running this script more than once causes "[libre]" and "[non-prism]" to be added to /etc/pacman.conf multiple times.
- Script could have more fail-safes in the event something bad happens
You may choose to use this code as a reference point for manually porting Manjaro or give it a try and help fix bugs and improve this script.
## This is a script to convert from Manjaro to Parabola GNU/Linux-libre ## ## Last working 01/28/2015 ## Script Broke 12/6/2015. Please join #parabola on Freenode before attempting migration.