GNU Health is a Free Health and Hospital Information System that provides the following functionality:
GNU Health uses a modular approach around the kernel, with different functionality that can be included to meet the health center needs. The current modules are:
- Health: Main data model for objects such as patient, evaluations, health centers, diseases, appointments, vaccinations and medicaments
- Pediatrics: Includes models for neonatology, pediatrics and psychosocial evaluations (Pediatric Symptoms Checklist - PSC)
- Gynecology: Gynecology, obstetrics, preventive medicine, perinatal information and puerperium
- Lifestyle: Physical exercise, diets, drug addictions, National Institute of Drug Abuse (NIDA) recreational drug database, Henningfield ratings, sexuality, risk factors, home safety, child safety
- Genetics: Hereditary risks. Around 4200 “disease genes” from the NCBI / GeneCards
- Lab: Manages the request, creation and evaluation of laboratory analyses. Interface to Laboratory Information Management System
- Socioeconomics: Education, occupation, living conditions, hostile areas, child labour and prostitution, among others.
- Inpatient: Patient Hospitalization, bed assignment, care and nursing plans.
- Surgery: Pre-operation checklist, procedures, operating rooms, patient surgery history.
- Services: Groups health related services for the patient. It also allows to generate invoices / billing to the selected services. Replaces the initial "invoice" module.
- Calendar: Adds functionality to connect with a CalDAV client, and manage calendars for appointments.
- Inpatient_calendar: Manages calendars for patient hospitalizations and bed assignments.
- QR_codes: Includes Quick Recognition (QR) Codes for identification
- History: Specific reports for patient clinical history
- MDG6: Millennium Development Goal 6. Functionality to fight Malaria, Tuberculosis and HIV/AIDS.
- Reporting: Generates graphs for epidemiological and health center related information.
- Nursing: Nursing functionality. Patient roundings, medication administration and procedures.
- ICU: Intensive-care Unit functionality.
- Stock: Pharmacy stock management and automatic stock moves generation on medical procedures.
- NTD : Base module to cover Neglected tropical diseases
- NTD_Chagas : Functionality to prevent, diagnose, control and manage Chagas disease . This module is part of the Neglected Tropical Diseases (NTD) series in GNU Health.
To install gnuhealth on Parabola, is necessary enable [pcr] repo uncommenting it on /etc/pacman.conf:
# Parabola community repo [pcr] Include = /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist
After this, run the following command as root (or using sudo):
# pacman -Sy && pacman -S gnuhealth